Aims & Objective
Service of mankind and teaching of U.G. & P.G. medical students
- The broad goal of providing various diagnostic services of Radiology-imaging to our indoor and outdoor patient of SMIMER and reffered patients from other centres with the help of state of art diagnostic equipments and well qualified radiologist and radiographers.
- The broad goal of teaching the medical students in the field of Radio-diagnosis is aimed at making the students realise the basic need of various radio-diagnostic investigations in medical practice. They should be aware of the techniques required to be undertaken for the diagnosis of various disease as well as during prognostic estimations.
- Quality Diagnostic imaging services to all patients at nominal rate.
- Emergency services to patient with trauma, medical and surgical conditions
- Teaching of U.G.and P.G. medical students
- Understand basics of X-ray production, its uses and hazards.
- Appreciate and diagnose changes in bones - like fractures, infections, tumours and metabolic bone diseases.
- Identify and diagnose various radiological changes in disease conditions of chest and mediastinum, skeletal system, G.I. Tract, Hepatobiliary system and G.U. system.
- Learn about various imaging techniques, including Barium study, other special investigations,C.T., Ultrasound, M.R.I. and D.S.A.
- Interpret common X-rays and radio-diagnostic and imaging techniques in various diseases and to perform diagnostic interventions
- Advise appropriate diagnostic procedures in specialized circumstances
- Understand personel protection and protection of patient during radiography