SMC COVID-19 Tracker
Purpose of "SMC COVID-19 Tracker" App
Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) is a local self government (government in third strata). The Government of India, State/Union Territory Governments and Local Self Governments are tasked with formulating appropriate health responses to not only contain the epidemic but also protect the health and safety of the community at large. An important part of the appropriate health responses includes prevention and management of the COVID-19 pandemic through effective testing, treatment and tracking of individuals who are infected, at high risk of being infected, who have travel history or who came in contact with infected individuals.
For this Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) has built the SMC COVID-19 Tracker System which includes a web portal and mobile application named "SMC COVID-19 Tracker". "SMC COVID-19 Tracker" is a useful technological solution developed to facilitate quarantine monitoring and health monitoring of individuals who have abroad or interstate travel history or persons who have come in direct contact with positive COVID-19 individual or COVID-19 positive persons or having COVID-19 like symptoms. It helps SMC to take effective action to mitigate the spread of the pandemic.
Information Collected and Manner of Collection
To use the SMC COVID-19 Tracker App, user is required to have the Tracking ID. The Tracking ID can be obtained by choosing the "Self-reporting" option or to proceed using the already generated Tracking ID.
- When you register on the App, the following information is collected from user and stored securely on a server operated and managed by SMC – (i) name; (ii) address, (iii) zone (SMC administrative zone), (iv) ward (SMC ward under selected administrative zone), (v) gender, (vi) age, (vii) mobile number; (viii) Travel Details like country, city and return date and passport number, (ix) health/symptom details.
- User health status is sought through morning and evening health questionnaire to ascertain health status of users through self-reporting of symptoms along with selfie of the user.
- The App continuously collects user's location data and securely transfers it to SMC server on hourly basis or at any other fixed interval changed based on the requirement.
- Along with above, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses And Operating System Version is also collected and stored security on a server operated and managed by SMC to identify and map the user.
- Covid-19 Positive Patients, Patient contacts and suspects with Covid like symptoms in Surat City are required to install SMC Covid-19 Tracker App and share their health information and location information during their quarantine period. Device and Location information shared by user is managed through Surat Municipal Corporation's Covid-19 Tracking and Management System hosted at https://office.suratmunicipal.org/SMCCOVID19 is completely secured and ensures users data security and privacy.
To obtain this information, Permission of CAMERA, ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION, ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION require, which are described as the following:
- Access this device’s location [ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION, ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION]: After successful installation of app, individuals have to send their location every hour to confirm that they are following home quarantine on regular basis. This information will only be uploaded to the Server along with Tracker Id, SMC team monitors the location history of individuals if any individual is found not following the home quarantine guidelines, strict actions are taken against such individuals.
- Access to take pictures i.e. Camera Permission [CAMERA]: The App camera access required in order to fill questionnaire for Individuals, twice a day (Morning 10 AM and Evening 9 PM) through SMC COVID-19 Tracker App regarding their health. After due consultation of health officials, we have prepared three questions in the questionnaire viz., if a person has fever, cough or difficulty in breathing. With this questionnaire, individuals have to also send their Selfies (Photo). If any individual mentions issue in questionnaire regarding his/her health, initial follow up is done over the phone and if required, individual is asked to visit nearby health facility for necessary check-up and treatment.
To ensure our services are working as intended and to track outages or troubleshooting issues or errors while using the app, we collect data and information on user’s phone called Log Data which includes information such as device’s Internet Protocol ("IP") Address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app, the time and date of use of the Service.
Use of Third-Party Services
Use of Information
The personal information collected from user, will be stored on the SMC server and will be used by SMC for the purpose of generating reports, heat maps and other statistical visualisations for the purpose of the management of COVID-19 or to provide you general notifications pertaining to COVID-19 as may be required based on demographic parameters or geographical parameters.
None of the personal information will be shared with any other individual and/or entity except the Government or SMC/Government authorized entity for the purpose of COVID-19 pandemic response.
User information as submitted and/or captured may be shared with law enforcement agencies and other Government departments if access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Links to Other Sites
This Service may contain links to other sites. These links have been placed for your convenience. SMC is not responsible for the contents of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them. Mere presence of the link or its listing on this website should not be assumed as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over availability of linked destinations. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
It will be a constant endeavor to protect the system from unauthorized access or unauthorized alterations, disclosure or destruction of information. All the information will be held securely and the communication channels for accessing the portal and transfer of data are encrypted using SSL as permissible under the law. The App is equipped with standard security features to protect the confidentiality and security of your information.