The Streetlight services is being provided through partial decentralising management through 8 zone offices and co-ordination and policy making is being done through Streetlight (HQ) department, which is part of Light & Energy Efficiency Cell. The functions of the Streetlight Department can be summarised as below:
- Installation, operation & maintenance of all streetlight on the roads within SMC limits.
- Installation, operation & maintenance of Street/ road lights on High Masts at major traffic junctions.
- Installation, operation & maintenance of Decorative Luminaries and Poles wherever necessary.
- Monitoring energy usages & implementation of energy efficiency measures in streetlight service.
- Minimising the non-burning streetlights and consequently improving uptime of streetlight operation by carrying out regular maintenance works.